Wednesday, January 24, 2007

>Airstreams!

A few years back I fell totally in love with Airstream trailers. Proof of my love you ask....well...I sold my last Harley to purchase a shinny new 25' Safari Limited Edition, hows that for proof!

As much as I have traveled over the years and still travel today I would rather wake up in the bed of my 25' silver beauty than in a swank hotel in Tokyo. I can't totally explain the love affair these rolling sweeties create but it's clear I'm not alone in my feelings for them.


The Airstream trailers manufactured today come in different sizes and layouts than the classic land yachts of the past. The Bambi in this shot is one of my favorites. One thing that hasn't changed however is the great fun a group of traveling metal heads has when camped together in these silver puppies. There's nothing like sitting around a desert or beach campfire with the glow of embers reflecting off large sheets of aluminum! Mmmm yeah baby!

The local Airstream group were hooked up with is made up of some of the most interesting and eclectic characters you can meet outside of a bikers gang...well maybe not the _ _ _ _ _ Angels but at least as unique as the So Cal BMW club. It's just a great group of friends to travel around with and see the west. I'll write more on this band of gypsies as time goes on for sure.


The Airstream motto...live more, see more, do more...Airstream for life!

No comments: